Submitted by admin on Fri, 12/19/2014 - 21:40
This release adds major feature improvements in addition to syncing upstream with Gentoo.
The boot process was cleaned up:
- initrd was replaced with intramfs
- busybox was downgraded to 1.7.4 and statically compiled against uClibc
- mdev is used to dynamically populate /dev rather than statically populating with MAKEDEV
- initramfs's init was improved to better locate the squashfs filesystem
- The build scripts were cleaned up so that "building a new release" and "saving a running system to ISO" are the same process. Tin Hat is no longer built from VMware templates, but from a running system purely in RAM.
- The iso2usb.sh scripts were stabilized. Booting from pen drive now uses syslinux rather than grub.
- Over 50 packages upgraded to sync with Gentoo Kernel is now hardened 2.6.25-r11.
- Some theme changes to gdm and home directory.