Anthony G. Basile: Cirriculum Vitae
- Ph.D. Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- M.S. Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- M.Sc. Theoretical Physics, Guelph University, Guelph, ON
- B.S. Theoretical Physics, Brock University, St Catharines, ON
Positions and Titles
- Chair of Information Technology, D'Youville College, 2001-present
- Associate Professor, D'Youville College, 2000-present
- Assistant Professor, D'Youville College, 1995-2000
- Postdoctoral Fellow, McMaster University, 1992-1995
- American Physical Society. 1988 - present
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 2001-present
A. G. Basile, R. S. Dumont,
Coefficient of restitution for one-dimensional harmonic solids,
Phys. Rev. E 61, pp. 2015-2023 (2000).
A. G. Basile,
"Is there a Scientific Method?" A study in the philosophies of Feyerabend and Einstein,
Brock Review 6 1/2, pp. 3 - 26 (1997).
A. G. Basile, V. Elser,
Equations of Motion for Superfluids,
Phys. Rev. E 51, pp. 5688 - 5694 (1995).
R. S. Dumont, S. Jain, A. G. Basile,
Argon Cluster Evaporation Dynamics,
J. Chem. Phys. 102, pp. 4227 - 4238 (1995).
N. Pandya, A. G. Basile, A. K. Gupta, P. Hand, C. L. MacLaurin, T. Mahamad, E. R. Ratemi, M. S. Gibson, M. F. Richardson,
2-Acylidene-3,5-diaryl-2,3-dihydro-1,3,4-thiadiazoles and related compounds: A question of hypervalent S...O interactions,
Can. J. Chem. 71, pp. 561 - 571 (1993).
A. G. Basile, C. G. Gray,
A Relaxation Algorithm for Classical Paths as a function of End-Points: Application to the Semiclassical Propagator for
Far-From-Caustic and Near-Caustic Conditions,
J. Comp. Phys. 101, pp. 80 - 93 (1992).
L. I. Lolle, C. G. Gray, J. D. Poll, A. G. Basile,
Improved Short-Time Propagator for Repulsive Potentials,
Chem. Phys. Letters 177, pp. 64 - 72 (1991).
A. G. Basile, V. Elser,
Stability of the Ferromagnetic State with respect to a Single Spin Flip: Variational Calculations for the U = Infinity
Hubbard Model on the Square Lattice,
Phys. Rev. B 41, pp. 4842 - 4845 (1990).
J. Yang, C. G. Gray, B. G. Nickel, J. D. Poll, A. G. Basile,
Calculations of High-Frequency Spectral Wings by Solution of the Schroedinger's Equations in the Complex Plane,
Chem. Phys. Letters 175, pp. 105 - 110 (1990).
A. G. Basile, C. G. Gray, B. G. Nickel, J. D. Poll,
Lineshapes in Collision-Induced Absorption: Classical, Quantum and Semiclassical Calculations for Exactly Solvable Models,
Mol. Phys. 66, pp. 961 - 979 (1989).
Computational Methods for Low Lying Excitations in the Hubbard Model and Superfluid He4,
Ph. D. Thesis, Cornell University, 1992.
Model Calculations of Classical, Quantum and Semiclassical Collision-Induced Absorption Lineshapes,
M. Sc. Thesis, Guelph University, 1988.